To take responsibility for timely food production and presentation of own section as well as to assist the Senior and/or Junior Sous Chef.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and that all faults are followed up to maintain the physical product.
- To order foodstuffs as required and to make sure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the health and safety manual to ensure the safety and quality of our food.
- To understand and be aware of food costs within your department.
- To train and monitor junior employees in terms of consistency in food preparation and presentation.
- To assure food preparation, presentation and production of your section to required standard.
- To take appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- To comply with company policies with specific reference to health and safety at Work Act, food hygiene regulations and weights and measures legislation.
- Adjust dish variety in time according to seasonal calendar and special events.
- NVQ 1 & 2 or equivalent
- A flexible attitude
- Passion and enthusiasm in food
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skill
- Team player
- Train the Trainer certificate
- NVQ Level 3