To deputise for and assist Head Chef and Sous Chef with the smooth running of the kitchen, and to take a senior supervisory role in the production and preparation of relevant menus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To issue and monitor maintenance dockets to ensure that the kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, clean and fully functional condition.
- To order foodstuffs as required and to make sure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the health and safety manual to ensure the safety and quality of our food.
- To recruit, monitor and train staff, ensuring that regular timely reports are carried out with achievable objectives.
- To assure food preparation, presentation and production of your section to required standard.
- To maintain safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- To be competent in running sections within your outlet as well as to liaise with other departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure stock levels and ordering of food items is kept under control to minimalise wastage whilst maintaining food GP%.
- To comply with company policies with specific reference to health and safety at Work Act, food hygiene regulations and weights and measures legislation.
- NVQ 1 & 2 or equivalent
- A flexible attitude
- Experience in all relative disciplines
- Excellent communication skill
- Computer literacy
- 5*, Michelin or equivalent experience
- NVQ Level 3