To undertake the duties of Reception and Reservations, making sure that the Reception team is efficient and excelling customer expectations. To ensure that guest’s needs are met where possible and to assist with the general running and control of the front of house team. Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and body language at all times and continuously seek to endeavour professionalism in job role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fluent knowledge on booking system and reservation procedures
- Follow all company operational process and procedures, achieving all required standards
- Create a dining experience that delivers 100% customer enjoyment
- Contribute to the customer enjoyment and experience by answering questions, be welcoming and saying goodbye.
- Walk at a pace that suits the customer
- Demonstrate excellent people skills and be attentive to all customers
- Take responsibility for your own personal development
- Keep yourself aware of new promotions, menu changes, system or equipment changes, new procedures, policy changes and company development.
- Participate fully in all meetings, training and forums
- Support other team members to ensure customers receive additional help, if required, in reaching a table, ordering and food delivery.
- Perform any reasonable duties as required from time to time in order to contribute to the achievement of business aims and objectives
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests
- Must be able to work unsupervised in a fast paced restaurant environment
- Highly competent IT and computer skills
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Must possess the ability to recognise a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be willing to work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others