To assist with timely production and presentation of food on the appropriate section, kitchen cleaning and kitchen administration when necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To understand the rota system and time schedules in your respective section.
- To be keen and enthusiastic, with a want to learn attitude.
- To maintain standards and consistency in food preparation and delivery.
- To maintain physical products and to report faults.
- To be aware of items and ingredients on the section and have an understanding of where each item is stored.
- Adjust dish variety in time according to seasonal calendar and special events.
- To adhere to health & safety and food hygiene standards and report any issues when occur.
- To attend training set by the company and/or the seniors.
- To comply with company policies with specific reference to health & safety at Work Act, food hygiene regulations and weights and measures legislation.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests
- Must be able to work unsupervised in a fast paced restaurant environment
- Must be available to work as late as midnight or later if necessary
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and carry trays filled with multiple dishes and drinks
- Must possess the ability to recognise a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be willing to work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others