To ensure the smooth running of the food operation including the maintenance and cleaning of the the kitchen.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure agreed food standards are maintained at all times.
- To issue and monitor maintenance dockets to ensure that the kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, clean and fully functional condition.
- To monitor the quality of deliveries and take appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCP and health and safety procedures.
- To ensure that agreed quality of produce is monitored and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and targets are not achieved.
- To order food as required and to make sure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the health and safety manual to ensure the safety and quality of our food.
- Ensure stock levels and ordering of food items is kept under control to minimise wastage whilst maintaining food GP%.
- Ensure the Food Safety Management Procedures are followed and maintained.
- To recruit, monitor and train staff, ensuring that regular timely reports are carried out with achievable objectives.
- Keep COL% to agreed level and within budget.
- By analysing market trends, change and develop menu timely and appropriately.
- To liaise with floor staff and other departments to ensure guest satisfaction and smooth running of service.
- To optimise profitability of the outlet and ensure that all relevant costs are controlled in line with the budget.
- To comply with company policies with specific reference to health and safety at Work Act, food hygiene regulations and weights and measures legislation.
- Minimum Level 2 in Health & Safety
- Minimum Level 2 in HACCP
- Food Safety Level 3
- Strong leadership, motivational and teamwork skills
- Organised and excellent time management skill
- A flexible attitude
- Experience in all relevant disciplines
- Excellent communication skill
- Departmental training experience
- Experienced with various cuisine
- Computer literacy