Assisting the Head Chef to ensure the smooth running of the food operation including the maintenance and cleaning of the the kitchen.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure agreed food standards are maintained at all times..
- To monitor the quality of deliveries and take appropriate action where necessary.
- To ensure that we comply with HACCP and health and safety procedures.
- Ensure stock levels and ordering of food items is kept under control to minimise wastage whilst maintaining food GP%.
- Ensure the Food Safety Management Procedures are followed and maintained.
- To assist in the training of staff.
- To liaise with floor staff and other departments to ensure guest satisfaction and smooth running of service.
- To optimise profitability of the outlet and ensure that all relevant costs are controlled in line with the budget.
- Minimum Level 2 in Health & Safety
- Food Safety Level 3 preferred not essential
- Strong leadership, motivational and teamwork skills
- Organised and excellent time management skill
- A flexible attitude
- Experience in all relevant disciplines
- Departmental training experience
- Experienced with various cuisine
- Computer literacy