Responsible for ensuring replacement of food stations on the buffet and cleanliness of the buffet line. This is a high profile guest interaction job where excelling guest service and engaging conversations are expected at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assume 100% responsibility for quality guests’ experience
- Greet guests in a professional manner and provide education about the food and beverage, how menu items are prepared, the ingredients used and the different cooking methods as well as allergen information.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of server station inventory and supplies
- Maintaining the product quality, by consistent checking buffet food quality
- Maintaining full buffet dishes capacity by sending early orders to the kitchen in order to ensure consistent preparation of the dishes by BOH members before buffet becomes empty
- Complete all opening and closing side work which includes the thorough set up and break down of assigned buffet stations
- Keep buffet cleaned and stocked utilising sanitising solution on a consistent intervals
- Complete side duties as required and assigned by Duty Manager.
- Checks and fills water in the buffet station wells and ensures food vessels are at appropriate and safe holding temperatures
- Report all equipment problems to manager on duty
- Report all potential and real hazards immediately and resolve the once which do not require management attention immediately (i.e. clean spillages of the floor)
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests
- Must be able to work unsupervised in a fast paced restaurant environment
- Must be available to work as late as midnight or later if necessary
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and carry food items
- Must possess the ability to recognise a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be willing to work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others
- Must have knowledge of food sanitation requirements
- Must have knowledge of temperature danger zone